2017 was a year of tough personal experiences and growth. While sleep was definitely better in 2017 than 2016, the challenges of parenthood are still ever present, though they're changing and becoming more intellectually interesting (though emotionally draining nonetheless). I didn't get to read as much as I would have liked, though I did learn a lot about home security, cryptocurrency (before it became overhyped), and various other random odds and ends. I also started getting my feet wet in angel investing, which I plan to ramp up this year.
1. Angel: Really inspiring read by Jason Calacanis on how to kick butt angel investing. Notes on this coming soon.
2. I Can't Make This Up: Hilarious and inspiring stories from the childhood and career of Kevin Hart.
3. The Gift of Failure: Very concrete and counterintuitive advice on teaching kids the value of hard work and accepting failure as a key ingredient of learning and growing.
4. No-Drama Discipline: The classic text on parenting discipline. Got a lot out of it and now know why it's referenced in like half of the parenting articles online.
5. The Whole Brain Child: More of the same goodness from #4 with lots of good examples and tips.
6. Stories of Your Life and Others: Really nicely written fictional short stories for nerds.
Things that were good
Areas for improvement