1. Angel: Really inspiring read by Jason Calacanis on how to kick butt angel investing. Notes on this coming soon.
2. I Can't Make This Up: Hilarious and inspiring stories from the childhood and career of Kevin Hart.
3. The Gift of Failure: Very concrete and counterintuitive advice on teaching kids the value of hard work and accepting failure as a key ingredient of learning and growing.
4. No-Drama Discipline: The classic text on parenting discipline. Got a lot out of it and now know why it's referenced in like half of the parenting articles online.
5. The Whole Brain Child: More of the same goodness from #4 with lots of good examples and tips.
6. Stories of Your Life and Others: Really nicely written fictional short stories for nerds.
- Cryptocurrency investing, trading, cold storage, and conference
- Angel investing (completed 13 deals)
- Installing outdoor security cameras
Things that were good
- Seeing my son grow and go from knowing less than 10 words to speaking fluently and expressing abstract thoughts
- Fun experiments in finance
- Traveling and diving in Hawaii
- Surviving my wife finishing residency and passing her boards
Areas for improvement
- Prioritizing my own health and exercise
- Saying no to more things and not overscheduling
- Feeling and expressing gratitude and appreciation for those around me